AAA Editor Notes
Barnegat Lighthouse is at the northern tip of Long Beach Island at jct. Broadway Ave. and Third St. Known as the “Grand Old Champion of the Tides,” the lighthouse was rebuilt 1857-58 by Gen. George G. Meade after the original 1834 structure toppled into the sea. The tower rises 172 feet above the tides and marks Barnegat Shoals, the scene of more than 200 shipwrecks. Climb the 217 steps to the top for a fine view of the surrounding area. An interpretive center next to the lighthouse traces its history.

Admission
Memorial Day-Labor Day $3; $1 (ages 6-11). Rest of year free.
Hours
Daily 10-4:30, May-Oct.; Sat.-Sun. 9-3:30, rest of year. Closed Jan. 1, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Map
Get Directions
Hotel
Hotel Name
1234 Street Address City, State 00000
AAA Inspector Rating
More Hotels in Barnegat Light, NJ
Restaurant
AAA Inspector Rating
More Restaurants in Barnegat Light, NJ