Bard-How House

453 High St.
Burlington, NJ 08016- Map It
(609) 386-4773

AAA Editor Notes

Bard-How House, 453 High St. in the Burlington County Historical Society Complex, was built around 1743 for merchant Bennett Bard and his wife, Sarah Pattison Bard. It was purchased in 1756 by butcher and tavern owner Samuel How. Period furnishings and other accessories decorate the restored house, including a tall case clock that dates from 1740.
(includes Capt. James Lawrence House, James Fenimore Cooper House, and Burlington County Historical Society Complex library and gallery) $5. Tour only (includes Capt. James Lawrence House and James Fenimore Cooper House) $5.
Hours: Guided house tours are offered Tues.-Sat. 10-5. Closed major holidays.