Museum of Early Trades & Crafts is on SR 124 (Main St.) at Green Village Rd. The museum contains a collection of artifacts relating to the 18th- and 19th-century trades and crafts in New Jersey and the surrounding area. These include tools, textiles, furniture, archives and farm implements. Housed in the historic James Library Building, this 1899 Richardsonian Romanesque Revival structure is listed on the New Jersey and National registers and is one of the finest secular examples of this style in the state. Permanent exhibits include implements used by rural families as well as tools and products found in trades such as cabinetmaking, coopering, distilling and shoemaking, exemplifying how these trades were practiced in the past. Changing exhibitions exploring the shifting cultural and technological fabric of American life tying the past to the modern era are presented twice a year.