AAA Editor Notes
Updike Farmstead is at 354 Quaker Rd. Within the Princeton Battlefield and Stony Brook Settlement Historic District, the property is on the route Continental soldiers used to fight the British at Princeton Battlefield. An early settler, Benjamin Clarke took charge of the land as part of a 1,200-acre parcel bought in 1696. It includes a farmhouse, barn, corn crib, garage and sheds.
Now the headquarters of the Historical Society of Princeton, the farmstead serves as a museum with changing exhibitions, a library and photographic archives.