AAA Editor Notes
Salem County Historical Society is at 79-83 Market St. Founded in 1884, the site comprises four linked historic homes, one of which is the 1721 Alexander Grant Mansion House. Three rooms contain such exhibits as an early 18th-century cooking fireplace and kitchen utensils as well as local artwork and pottery. Other highlights include the reputed first law office in the United States, a log cabin, a stone barn, and a genealogical and local history library. Changing exhibits also are presented.
Guided tours are available.