AAA Editor Notes
Edison Laboratory Complex is at Main St. and Lakeside Ave. in Thomas Edison National Historical Park. Built in 1887, the complex includes chemical, physics and metallurgical laboratories, a machine shop, a stockroom and even the inventor's library/office. His personal desk is preserved in the exact condition it was in at the time of his death. Many original inventions—phonographs as well as a full-size reproduction of the Black Maria, the world's first motion picture studio—are on display.