AAA Editor Notes
Abó Ruins are 9 mi. w. of Mountainair on US 60, then .7 mi. n. on SR 513. Once a large pueblo, this Tompiro Indian village was abandoned in the 1670s. The ruins of San Gregorio de Abó, a medieval-style church built in 1620 that has a 40-foot-tall buttressed curtain wall, rise curiously from the desert floor.
Picnicking is permitted.