AAA Editor Notes
Bartow-Pell Mansion Museum, Orchard Beach exit off Hutchinson River Pkwy., then .5 mi. n. to 895 Shore Rd., occupies a site bought from the Lenape people in 1654. The first house is believed to have been destroyed during the Revolutionary War; the existing Greek Revival mansion was built 1836-42. Furnished in period, it is the only home of its era left in Pelham Bay Park. Gardens, the family cemetery and a 19th-century carriage house adorn the grounds.
Guided tours are available.