Corpus Christi Roman Catholic Church is at 199 Clark St. The red sandstone Romanesque Revival cathedral was built 1907-09 to serve the area's Polish immigrant community. A reproduction of Raphael's “La Disputa” is in the dome above the main altar. The church is illuminated by 11,000 light bulbs and contains exquisite stained-glass windows imported from Munich, Germany.
Soaring 90-foot-tall vaulted ceilings, ecclesiastical paintings and hand-carved column capitals highlight the church's ornate interior. The gold crosses atop the cathedral's two 175-foot-tall towers were stuffed with letters written by the schoolchildren of the parish during the building's construction.