AAA Editor Notes
Champlain Memorial Lighthouse is 7.5 mi. n.e. following SR 9N/22, then e. on CR 903 to the New York end of the Lake Champlain Bridge. The original light station was constructed in 1858. A new light and memorial were erected by Vermont and New York in 1912 to honor Samuel de Champlain, who discovered the lake in 1609. The bas-relief “La Belle France” by Auguste Rodin was a gift from France.
Camping is permitted. Picnicking is permitted. Time: Allow 30 minutes minimum.