AAA Editor Notes
“Home Sweet Home” Museum is across the village green from SR 27 at 14 James Ln. Dedicated to the memory of playwright, actor and diplomat John Howard Payne, who wrote the song “Home Sweet Home,” the house contains 17th- and 18th-century furniture and a collection of English ceramics and lusterware. An herb garden and the 1804 Pantigo Windmill also are on the grounds. A garden with period plantings surrounds the house.