AAA Editor Notes
Old Fort House Museum, .5 mi. s. on US 4 to 29 Broadway, was built in 1772. A tavern and courthouse under British rule, it was the Revolutionary War headquarters for Gens. Philip Schuyler, John Burgoyne and John Stark. On the grounds are a 19th-century tollhouse and schoolhouse, the 1870 Washington County Fair building, a turn-of-the-20th-century water works building, an apothecary garden, a law office and a research center.
Time: Allow 1 hour, 30 minutes minimum.