1891 Fredonia Opera House is n.e. of jct. Temple and W. Main sts. at 9 Church St. across from Barker Common. The opera house was once a vaudeville theater but is now a performing arts center, with offerings in theater, dance, music, and independent and foreign films. On tours of the facility, visitors will see how architect Enoch Curtis used elements of world-renowned European classical theaters in his design, including a curving horseshoe balcony, sculptural woodwork decorating the boxes and balcony, and an intricate pressed-metal proscenium. The restored facility also features a 1903 tin ceiling and 1926 Heywood Wakefield seating.