AAA Editor Notes
Historic Huguenot Street Interpretations, departing from the DuBois Fort Visitor Center on Huguenot St., is a selection of 30 buildings in a historic Huguenot village where costumed interpreters describe life during the period. The village comprises seven 18th-century stone houses, a reconstructed 1717 Huguenot church and a burial ground that dates to the first settlers. The houses are all in their original settings.
Settled in 1677, New Paltz was home to a group of French Protestant refugee families whose descendants lived in the houses well into the 20th century. Many of the houses contain family furnishings reflecting various periods of ownership. Architectural styles range from Colonial to Victorian.
Guided tours are available. Picnicking is permitted.