AAA Editor Notes
Fraunces Tavern Museum, on the second and third floors of 54 Pearl St. at Broad St., was built in 1719 and became a tavern in 1762. In 1783 Gen. George Washington bade farewell to the officers of the Continental Army at the site. It housed the first American War Department.
Guided tours are available. Food is available.