AAA Editor Notes
Washington's Headquarters State Historic Site, Liberty and Washington sts., was Gen. George Washington's headquarters from Apr. 1, 1782, until Aug. 18, 1783. It is the place from which Washington issued orders for the cessation of the Revolutionary War and where he established the Badge of Military merit, forerunner of the Purple Heart.
The Hasbrouck House, built 1750-1770, is furnished as a military headquarters. The site museum contains exhibits relating to the defense of the Hudson River and a variety of artifacts collected over more than 150 years. A 6-acre park offers spectacular views of the Hudson River Valley and includes the 1887 Tower of Victory monument.
Guided tours of Hasbrouck House are available.
Guided tours are available. Picnicking is permitted.