AAA Editor Notes
Fort Ontario State Historic Site, 5 blks. n. of SR 104 on E. Fourth St., overlooks Oswego Harbor and Lake Ontario. The site was first fortified during the French and Indian War and remained in use through World War II, when it was the only American site to house Holocaust refugees. Barracks, guard houses, a powder magazine, two officers' quarters, underground stone casements and the grounds have been restored to the 1868-72 time period.
Guided tours are available. Pet friendly (call for restrictions/fees.). Picnicking is permitted.