AAA Editor Notes
Kent-Delord House Museum, 17 Cumberland Ave., overlooks Lake Champlain at the mouth of the Saranac River. The Federal-style structure was commandeered by the British in 1814. They left behind an oak mess chest when they fled. American decorative arts and period furniture also are displayed. Exhibits interpret daily life for three generations of the Delord family 1800-1913, with emphasis on the War of 1812, the Civil War and women's issues of the late 19th century.
Guided tours are available.