Locust Grove Estate, 2 mi. s. of Mid-Hudson Bridge at 2683 South Rd. (US 9), was built for artist and telegraph inventor Samuel F.B. Morse in 1851. The house was redecorated in 1901 for new owners William and Martha Young and contains the Young Collection of period furniture, paintings and personal effects. The 200-acre estate includes hiking trails and historic formal gardens, carriage and ice houses, a picnic grove and a visitor center.