Cape Bonavista Lighthouse Provincial Historic Site is 6 km (3.5 mi.) n. on Hwy. 230 at the end of Cape Shore Rd. Built in 1843 to guide mariners bound for Labrador, the lighthouse has been restored to appear as it did during the 1870s. Interpretive displays in the visitor center describe the history of the lighthouse and its keepers. Guides take visitors through the site. A statue of explorer John Cabot stands nearby.