AAA Editor Notes
Heart's Content Cable Station Provincial Historic Site, 1 km (.6 mi.) n.e. on Hwy. 80 from jct. Hwy 74, consists of the original telegraph buildings and equipment used for the early transatlantic cables to Europe. Interpretive displays explain the station's role in cable history through the 19th and 20th centuries. The station received its first message in 1866 and continued operating until 1965.