Rose Blanche Lighthouse is on Hwy. 470. Local workers built the lighthouse 1871-73 using granite from a nearby quarry. D & T Stevenson, a Scottish company named after the father and uncle of author Robert Louis Stevenson, assisted in the project. The structure was reconstructed in 1999 using most of the original materials. The house is furnished with antiques and some reproduced pieces representative of the 19th century.
Note: The lighthouse is reached via a 10-minute walk along a winding gravel path. The area sometimes is foggy.
Guided tours are available. Picnicking is permitted. Food is available.