Historic. Located in the historic section of town in an 1840s former mercantile building that was reconstructed in 1892 after the Great St. John's Fire, this restaurant has lovely stone and brick walls and beamed ceilings. Dining is offered in the casual pub or on the second level in an open-style kitchen. The menu features everything from wood-fire pizzas to gourmet burgers, fresh seafood and steaks. Several fine microbrews are available.