The Country Doctor Museum is at 6642 Peele Rd. Visitors are taken on a guided tour of the museum complex, which features exhibits about 19th- and early 20th-century health care in rural America. The Freeman-Brantley Building houses an apothecary and displays about surgery, bloodletting, dentistry and nursing. The Carriage House contains 19th-century buggies, 1912 and 1926 Model T's and an iron lung used during polio epidemics.
During spring and summer a medicinal herb garden grows plants used for healing.