Newbold-White House, 1.5 mi. off US 17 bypass on SR 1336 along the Perquimans River at 151 Newbold White Rd., is considered the oldest brick house in North Carolina. The 1730 house was painstakingly restored by hand, with original workmanship remaining in the two chimneys, 18-inch-thick brick walls and the second-floor woodwork.
Period furnishings are exhibited. Also on the grounds are a reconstructed 18th-century smokehouse and a 17th-century Quaker graveyard.
Guided tours are available. Picnicking is permitted.