Fort Defiance is off SR 268 at 1792 Fort Defiance Dr. Built by Revolutionary War hero and statesman Gen. William Lenoir, the 18th-century dwelling was occupied by the Lenoir family until 1961. Costumed guides offer tours of the restored house and the grounds; highlights include a cemetery, remnants of the property's former boxwood gardens, a smokehouse and more than 300 original furnishings and household items. Historic re-enactments take place throughout the year.
Note: Taking photographs inside the home is prohibited.
Guided tours are available. Picnicking is permitted.