AAA Editor Notes
Single Brothers' House and Gardens, facing Salem Sq. at 600 S. Main St. and part of the Old Salem Museums & Gardens complex, is a half-timbered, brick structure dating from 1769 with a 1786 addition. It served as the home and workplace for the community's single men and older boys. The building includes a dining room, kitchen, meeting hall and trade shops in which costumed artisans can be seen at work. Pewter casting, tailoring, blacksmithing and furniture making are among the demonstrations.