AAA Editor Notes
Knife River Indian Villages National Historic Site is at 564 CR 37. It contains the remains of three (out of five) Native American villages that were occupied for centuries. Earth lodge depressions and cache pits dating from an estimated 3,500 years ago remain intact. Meriwether Lewis and William Clark stopped at this site in October 1804, when Sakakawea and her husband joined the expedition. Exhibits, demonstrations and programs are offered.
Picnicking is permitted.