The Old Courthouse Museum is 34 km (21 mi.) s. of Hwy. 104 exit 37 on Hwy. 16. This restored 1843 courthouse accommodated county and supreme court sessions for 130 years. Its Gothic-style windows and cedar shingles exemplify mid-19th-century architecture. Exhibits depict three early French forts and the local timber industry. Domestic tools and early photographs are featured. Genealogy information is available. A visitor information center is also located in the museum.