Historic. Originally a saloon, livery stable and hotel, the 1899 building has been the site of a restaurant since 1902. From the worn marble front step to the tin ceilings, the dining room and bar are reminiscent of old Canton. A diverse menu includes plenty of seafood selections as well as lamb chops, steaks, pork chops and chicken Marsala. Be sure to sample the signature turtle soup.