AAA Editor Notes
Huffman Prairie Flying Field and Interpretive Center is 5 mi. n. on SR 4 to SR 444, then e. on Kauffman Rd. to 2380 Memorial Rd., adjacent to Gate 16B on Wright-Patterson Air Force Base. The flying field, part of the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historical Park, was used by the Wright brothers for test flying and crafting their airplanes and piloting skills. Tests were conducted in 1904-05, and in 1910 the brothers established a school of flight on the site. The Interpretive Center contains exhibits about the Air Force Base and the brothers' perfection of flight.
Adjacent to the interpretive center is the Wright Brothers Memorial, erected in 1940. The 27-acre site overlooks Huffman Prairie Flying Field.