Gnadenhutten Historical Park (ja-NA-den-hut-ten) is 1 mi. s., following historical tour signs. The 9-acre park includes a log church and cooper's cabin reconstructed on the site of the original village. In 1782 more than 90 Christian Native Americans were massacred at this Moravian mission by soldiers. In 1870 a 35-foot limestone monument was erected to commemorate those massacred. A museum containing area relics and Native American artifacts also is on the grounds.