AAA Editor Notes
Fort Jefferson Memorial Park, .8 mi. n. at jct. CR 24 and SR 121, comprises 6 acres at the site of the fort built in October 1791 by Gen. Arthur St. Clair's army to protect military supplies from Native Americans. It was named for Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State at the time. The fort was abandoned five years later.
Although the structure no longer remains, a monument made of 20-foot-tall faced granite field boulders marks the locale. This roadside park has a picnic shelter and grills.
Picnicking is permitted.