AAA Editor Notes
Cooke-Dorn House Historic Site is at 1415 Columbus Ave. This three-story 1844 house was built by Eleutheros Cooke, Sandusky's first lawyer and a politician. By 1878 Cooke and his wife, Martha, had died and the house was moved to its current location; since then, it has changed ownership several times. The furnishings, mostly from the 1950s, are in mint condition and reflect the wealth of the Dorn family, the last residents of the house. The first two floors are open to the public. A garden and greenhouse also are featured.
Guided tours are available. Time: Allow 30 minutes minimum.