AAA Editor Notes
Edmond Historical Society & Museum is at 431 S. Boulevard. The history of Edmond is traced in chronological fashion, starting with its beginning in 1887 as a coal and water replenishment stop for the Santa Fe Railroad. Exhibits describe the land run of 1889, Native American and pioneer life, farm implements, education, commerce and religion. The Children's Learning Center is modeled after a miniature 1889 town and features interactive exhibits which include a train station, bank, sheriff's office and general store.
A genealogical and research library is available. A typical house from 1889 and the 1900s Victorian Painted Lady home also can be seen.