AAA Editor Notes
The Lockmaster's House Museum is at 1724 CR 9. The lockmaster’s house, built in 1844, served as a blockhouse of sorts for defending the canal against the possibility of American invaders. In continuous occupation 1844-1967 by five lockmasters and their families, the house now contains a museum that interprets life along the Chaffey’s Locks portion of the Rideau Canal during that period. A film, “The Golden Years,” also provides insights.
Time: Allow 30 minutes minimum.