AAA Editor Notes
Haileybury Heritage Museum, off Hwy. 11B at 575 Main St., contains exhibits pertaining to the Great Fire of 1922. Displays include a restored 1904 streetcar used as housing by victims of the fire, a 1922 Ruggles fire pumper, a logging tugboat and an Ontario Northland Railway caboose. There also is an exhibit about native son Leslie McFarlane, who authored the “Hardy Boys” series under the name Franklin W. Dixon.