AAA Editor Notes
Erland Lee Museum is at 552 Ridge Rd. in Stoney Creek overlooking Lake Ontario. Erland and Janet Lee's home and carriage house were built in 1808, with an addition constructed in 1873. The Lees co-founded the Women's Institute, the first rural women's organization, in 1897. The house has family pieces and artifacts from 1800-1930. The carriage house has agricultural items and exhibits about Stoney Creek history from 1780 to the present. Tours are given of the house telling visitors of its history and of the forming of the Federated Women's Institute.
Guided tours are available. Picnicking is permitted.