AAA Editor Notes
Bellevue House National Historic Site, 1.5 km (.9 mi.) w. via King St. W. to 35 Centre St., was the residence of Sir John A. Macdonald, the first prime minister of Canada. Built about 1840, the Italianate villa has been restored and furnished in period style. The visitor center offers exhibits, costumed interpreters and a multilingual video presentation exploring Macdonald's contributions to Canadian history; guided tours are offered on weekends in July and August.
Guided tours are available.