AAA Editor Notes
The Merrick Thomas Farm House Museum is at 109 Thomas St. The home belonged to Merrick Thomas, an early resident who acquired the farm in 1829. Over the years, the house was extended to accommodate Merrick's family. His wife, Esther, and son, Robert, continued running the farm after Merrick's death in 1856. The original house, without the extension, was moved to its current location. Though a large portion of the original furnishings was not recovered, a few items belonging to the Thomas family survived: a spinning wheel, wool winder, bed and a pair of black leather boots. The house is furnished in an 1840s style.
Time: Allow 30 minutes minimum.