AAA Editor Notes
Peacekeeping Monument is on Sussex Dr. at the corner of St. Patrick St. across from the National Gallery of Canada and Major's Hill. Named “Reconciliation,” the monument honors the more than 110,000 Canadian Peace Keepers who have served as part of the United Nations Peacekeeping Forces, an organization formed in 1948, following World War II.
The monument's walls show three peacekeepers standing in different positions, with the rubble of war below them. A grove of young trees symbolizes their peace effort.