AAA Editor Notes
Rideau Canal Visitor Information Centre, 34 Beckwith St. S., is in a restored stone mill building in the town center. Built 1826-32 as a military supply route between Ottawa and Kingston, the canal joins the Rideau and Cataraqui rivers. Displays depict the history of the canal and include photographs, dioramas, watercolors and audiovisual presentations.
Time: Allow 30 minutes minimum.