Welland Canals Centre at Lock 3

1932 Welland Canals Pkwy.
St. Catharines, ON L2R 7C2- Map It
Phone: (905) 984-8880

AAA Editor Notes

Welland Canals Centre at Lock 3 is off Queen Elizabeth Way (QEW) Glendale Ave. exit, then n. on Welland Canals Pkwy. St. Catharines Museum, which tells the story of the city and the four Welland Canals, includes an exhibit about Underground Railroad history and Niagara's African Canadians. A 15-minute video presentation Welland Canals Past and Present also is offered. An observation platform at Lock 3 provides a close-up look at ships. Memorabilia from Canada's oldest sport can be seen in the Ontario Lacrosse Hall of Fame & Museum. Picnicking is permitted.
Hours: Daily 9-5; closed Jan. 1, Christmas, day after Christmas and Dec. 27-31. Phone ahead to confirm schedule. Allow 30 minutes minimum.