St. Joseph Island Museum is at intersection of 20th Side Rd. and 1 Line. The complex consists of a pioneer stone church; an 1880 log cabin; historic schoolhouses; a barn with farming relics; a 1912 general store; and the main display building.
Also featured are early 19th-century Fort St. Joseph artifacts and a 3,629-kilogram (8,000-lb.) white pine log from one of the last trees in a virgin stand near the Bruce Mines. Archives are available.