Enoch Turner Schoolhouse

106 Trinity St.
Toronto, ON M5A 3C6- Map It
(416) 863-0010

AAA Editor Notes

Enoch Turner Schoolhouse, 1 blk. e. of Parliament St., just s. of King St. at 106 Trinity St., was Toronto's first free school. Built in 1848 by businessman Enoch Turner, the school was attended by working-class children from the mainly Irish neighborhood. The facility is currently visited by schoolchildren as part of a living-history program. Time: Allow 30 minutes minimum.
Donations. Admission may be charged for special events.
Hours: Mon.-Fri. 10-4. The facility is sometimes rented out for private functions and therefore not open to visitors. Closed major holidays. Phone ahead to confirm schedule.