AAA Editor Notes
Toronto's First Post Office is 1.5 blks. e. of Jarvis and 1 blk. n. of King St. at 260 Adelaide St. E. Opened in 1833, the office was put to other use between 1839 and 1983 but is again in operation as a postal and philatelic outlet. A museum about the British North American postal system includes archives, exhibits and workshops, and offers special events. Of interest is a topographic model of Toronto in 1837.Stationery, quill pens and sealing wax are provided for those who wish to write a letter as it was done in the 1830s.