Monteith House Museum is at 518 S.W. 2nd Ave. This two-story frame house, built 1848-49 by brothers Thomas and Walter Monteith and as Albany's first, has been restored to reflect pioneer lifestyles. A room on the first floor re-creates the period during which it served as Albany's first general store. Many original furnishings and designs, including one side of the upstairs stairway's muslin cloth-over-board wall covering, are displayed.