Oregon State University is w. of downtown on S.W. Jefferson Way and S.W. 15th St. The university occupies a 420-acre campus in the southwest part of Corvallis. Founded in 1868, OSU has an enrollment of more than 20,000. The Olmstead Brothers landscape architecture firm developed a master plan for the campus in 1910 based on a grid of wide, tree-lined streets. Academic buildings alternate with lush open lawns and groves of trees.
The campus includes historic buildings, galleries, collections and public art. Benton Hall (1888) is the oldest building. Fairbanks Hall (1892) has a gallery hosting changing exhibits of art by students, faculty and professional artists. Weatherford Hall (1928) first served as a dormitory and currently houses an entrepreneurship center designed to encourage new business ventures initiated by students. Memorial Union (1928) contains art exhibits and a display of flags from countries represented by OSU students.
A visitor center is located inside Kerr Administration Building at S.W. Jefferson Way and S.W. 15th Street.
Note: Contact the visitor center for parking information.
Guided tours are available. Picnicking is permitted. Food is available.