AAA Editor Notes
Elk Rock Garden is at 11800 S.W. Military Ln. Also known as the Garden of the Bishop's Close, Elk Rock Garden was created over decades on a thickly wooded slope overlooking Elk Rock Island and the Willamette River by Mr. and Mrs. Peter Kerr. Considered one of the Northwest's great private gardens, Elk Rock was donated to the Episcopal Diocese of Oregon after Mr. Kerr's death in 1957.
Gravel paths near the manor house lead through lawns, trees and shrubs tastefully combined with natural vegetation. Moss covers stone guardrails, and in places ferns form a dense carpet. Two paths continue south through the wilder part of the garden, converging at The Point, an overlook high on a cliff above the river.
Note: Parking is limited and cannot accommodate RVs or other large vehicles.
Pet friendly (call for restrictions/fees.).