AAA Editor Notes
Old St. Peter's Landmark is at W. 3rd and Lincoln sts. The 1898 red-brick Gothic church features a 170-foot-tall steeple topped by a 6-foot-tall rooster weather vane. Architectural highlights include 36 Povey Brothers stained-glass windows, a Madonna statue carved from the keel of an 1850s sailing ship and unusual lion's head water spouts. Carved Italian Carrara marble altars and pressed tin ceilings adorn the inside. The former Catholic church's Kilgen pipe organ, installed in 1925, is made of rare tiger wood.